Consultation - Measures to reduce FRCE under Article 152(14) and (16)
On September 14, 2017, EU Regulation 2017/1485, also known as the System Operation Guideline (SOGL), entered into force. According to Article 6(3)(e) of the SOGL, the transmission system operators (TSOs) of an LFR block must submit the following methodologies to the relevant regulatory authorities for approval:
- Ramp constraints on active power output under Article 137(3) (gradient constraints for HVDCs) and Article 137(4) (gradient constraints for generation and consumption units).
- Coordination measures to reduce FRCE in accordance with Article 152(14).
- Measures to reduce FRCE by requesting changes to the active power generation or consumption of generation facilities and consumption facilities pursuant to Article 152(16)
- FRR sizing rules pursuant to Article 157(1)
According to Article 11, these proposals must be subject to public consultation, with a minimum consultation period of one month.
The German TSOs together with the Luxembourg TSO CREOS and with the network area of the Danish TSO Energinet.dk, which is synchronously connected to continental Europe, form a common control block. These TSOs are therefore required to jointly consult on the above proposals and submit them to the relevant regulatory authorities for approval.
With this consultation, market participants have the opportunity to comment on the proposal on measures to reduce FRCE in accordance with Article 152(14) and Article 152(16):
- The proposed measures correspond to the status quo and must therefore be formally requested under the SOGL.
- The regulations in the national energy laws on the right of TSOs to adjust generation or consumption remain unaffected by the requests.
The consultation starts on 31/07/2018 and ends on 31/08/2018.
Please submit your comments using the Excel template via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.